May 9, 2013

Pinwheel Centerpiece


Doesn't everyone love a pinwheel? They are whimsical and take you back to those childhood days of huffing and puffing to make them spin. Ok, at least I think so : )
I made my pinwheels using some patterned paper cut into 6"x 6" squares, pearl push pins for the center, and grey stripe straws for the holder. I used a pop stick for my little pinwheel on the bottom.


I used a mason jar for my centerpiece and added a little lace trim, just for a little fancy!
This is a great centerpiece idea for a children's birthday party and the pinwheels can double as party favors. I love dual purpose party decor!

Here is a great little pinwheel tutorial from Four Winds Weddings Blog (click link name to go to page)


Happy Pinwheeling!

7 comments:

  1. These are adorable! I love what you did with the mason jar. It is simple. I just did a post on what you can do with mason jars. Be sure to check it out under the Pin-spiration Monday index.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Joanne @ jmacreativemess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stoppin' by and commenting on my book recommendations post! Glad I could help out with the potty book! I'm sure she'll love it! Good luck with the potty training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I'm a new follower from the Bloglovin Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Karen!

    I'm now following your Blog via Bloglovin through the Fun Friday Blog Hop! I would love for you to check out my blog www.dolly-dowsie.blogspot.ie and follow if you like.

    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Peace and love from Ireland.
    Fiona
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely pinwheels...new follower from the hop...http://lilibudsgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Now I am going to have to make these to go with those pretzel sticks! Love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE!! Pinwheels are just the cutest!! Thank you so much for sharing and saving me a little money on birthday party decor :)

    Following from B.You :)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!