June 11, 2014

Banana Ice Cream Recipe


I never quite understood all the buzz about banana ice cream until I started making it myself. I kept hearing about how easy it was and I had to make it. My daughter is an ice cream fanatic so I thought, it's time to try this out. Now, this really isn't ice cream, as most people know already. Maybe I'm a mean mommy but what my daughter doesn't know won't hurt her! She thinks she's getting ice cream, I know she's eating something way healthier.

As with any recipe, there are so many variations to this. This banana ice cream recipe that I'm sharing is super simple and all you need are 3 ingredients. In my version I don't even add any cream or milk. Yea, we are talking simple.

Banana Ice Cream Recipe

3 ripe bananas
1/4 tsp vanilla
scant 1/4 tsp cinnamon

Peel and cut your bananas in half and throw into a freezer bag. When they are completely frozen, put into a food processor. Pulse the food processor until the banana turns into little chunks (almost like little balls). Add in the vanilla and cinnamon. Turn on the processor again and mix until a creamy mixture forms. Scoop into serving bowls and top with your favorite fruit. Or go ahead and top with sprinkles and chocolate sauce too!

It's such a sweet treat and tastes just like a creamy ice cream. Yum!

Keep Up With Karen's Soiree

3 comments:

  1. I have heard about this vegan ice "cream". And people rave about it! I want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds absolutely delicious to me!! I didn't even thinK to add vanilla to the bananas.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything you do is so aesthetically pleasing! I've always been a big fan of your taste, you have such flair. Dylan is going to love you for this recipe I'm going to pin, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!