June 19, 2014

The First Last Day and Fruit Pops

This week was my daughter's first last day of school. It's only pre-school but it was still a little sad for me. How did this school year go so fast? Wasn't it just yesterday that we were sitting in the school director's office signing her up? 
It turned out to be a great celebration though. I met her at school where the class had the cutest picnic. They sang songs, made teddy bears and gave the teachers big hugs goodbye. Sob.


We were given the task of bringing fruit to the picnic. Of course, we had to try and make something fun out of fruit so we made fruit pops to bring. My daughter picked out pineapples and strawberries and we used striped straws as our skewers.


They turned out pretty cute! As you can see from the first pic, my daughter did go for a vanilla ice cream cone too. It was such a fun last day celebration and now we have the summer to look forward to. Hmmm...keeping an almost three year old busy all summer is going to be quite the challenge!


Keep Up With Karen's Soiree

4 comments:

  1. I don't know where time is going, either!!!??!!
    Can we just slow it down, please.
    Your sweet baby girl is adorable; I love that dress!
    She picked some of my favorite fruits :)
    As always your creations look yummy and beautiful.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. :[! I would be a crying freak on my first last day of Dylan's school. Your fruit pops are ADORABLE! You are always doing everything at a cuter level than anyone else. The straw you picked makes all the difference! What a fun picnic! I cant believe she's going to be in kindergarten...the big time school! Tamaralikecamera.com just went through this with her Scarlet and I'm excited/sad for both of you. Wah! Did I already mention I love your blog's updated design? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe she's almost three! And so cute. I love fruit pop idea. (I love the ice cream cone idea too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fruit pops were cute! I'm also trying to keep a 3 year old entertained all summer, let me know if you find anything super exciting to do, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!