July 10, 2014

Cape Cod

If you happen to follow my Instagram feed, than you know that we spent the 4th of July holiday in Cape Cod. We stayed in the same house my parents rented last year and we had a blast! The best part of the trip was seeing how happy my daughter was to be with her grandma, pa-pa, aunties, uncles and cousins. If you've never been to Cape Cod it's a beautiful place to visit! It's full of beaches, quaint towns with shops and delicious restaurants and plenty of activities for the kids.

Packed up and on the ferry from Long Island to Connecticut. It was then about a 3.5 hour drive to the Cape. My daughter actually did great on the car trip there!

I'm always obsessed with the amazing hydrangea on Cape Cod. I probably took a dozen flower pics!

One of our favorite stops in East Harwich. My husband is in the dental field so it's kind of a family joke when we stop here.

Due to that little hurricane, we had to spend most of the 4th inside. I had brought along this mask kit in case of a rainy day. What a lifesaver it was! The kids made their own animal masks and put on their own 4th of July parade in the house! Always have a rainy day back up plan when traveling!

We were super lucky that the beach was walking distance from our house. We would load up a wagon and head over with the kids. Last year my daughter wasn't too crazy about the beach but this year she loved it! We had so much fun collecting shells and making sandcastles!

I think my other favorite part was eating lobster rolls and sipping this pineapple margarita!

It was such a great time and I was so sad when it was time to leave. I wish I had taken more pictures but it was kind of nice to not be so attached to my phone and have fun with my family. Unfortunately our trip home wasn't as smooth as getting there. We hit traffic getting off the Cape, our ferry was cancelled and my daughter threw up twice! It was a doozy!

It's been a couple of days since we came home and I'm already missing Cape Cod. I can't wait to go back!


Keep Up With Karen's Soiree

4 comments:

  1. We love Cape Cod. We are very fortunate that my inlays have a house there that we can stay in - such a lifesaver when you have little ones. My favorite part is the hydrangeas. I always take a ton of photos and insist we take our week there when they are in bloom! Photos never seem to do them justice. We eat at the Lobster Claw there every summer too! I hope you get to go back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were in my neck of the woods! I grew up in Plymouth and spent a lot of time on the Cape as both sets of grandparents lived there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved following your Cape Cod adventure via IG :) I would absolutely love to visit Dr. Cavity's Candy shop!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you had such a nice trip and apart from your daughter throwing up, yay for a smooth car ride! It looks beautiful there! I love that candy store! I wish you took a picture inside so I could salivate over it but I understand completely when you say you're kind of glad to have been unplugged. I look at my phone and sometimes my pictures are so old but I was too busy enjoying the crazy! Your summer vacation is everything summer vacays should be and to top it off, that picture of your daughter is so cute! That shot is a framer!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!